Monday, June 7, 2010

Coming Together

Everything is settling into place, and we're so excited for what you are all going to experience this Wednesday. So many positive stories. A chance to challenge our thinking. A message of beauty, hope, truth, and love (my new mantra).

So, come out. Tell your friends. It starts at 7:30 (doors open at 7:00) at the Gas Station Theatre on River and Osborne (next to Subway). Tickets $10 at the door.

I'll close with another story from one of our readers:

I love looking through Just As I Am again and again.

It's so refreshing to be able to look at photography of people that hasn't been airbrushed, and where the people haven't been chosen for their "beauty". The amazing thing is, that every person in the book is incredibly beautiful: how does our culture fail to recognize that? I love that I can look through the book and see people of different ages and genders, and see the aesthetic in each and every person.

It's been eye-opening to see how the removal of clothing seems to create a window through which to see the spirit of each person. While clothing can be used as a means of expression, I think nudity somehow expresses who that person is on a different level.

I think it must have taken a lot of courage for each person to step in front of the camera, and I hope that their courage will teach others to accept themselves. This book has created a chance for me to discuss with my children how they are perfect exactly the way they are. They are still at the age where they recognize that. Hopefully that doesn't change.

I've found this book to be inspiring, and I love the purpose behind it. It's a message worth spreading.

Tracey

No comments: