Friday, April 24, 2009

Beam me slim Scottie!

It’s been a crazy week, we have been working like dogs trying to get the word out about this project and in the middle of it all I have caught a nasty cold that has just about knocked me out the last few days.

Well today I did something I didn’t think I would ever do, I went to Zealous MediSpa and had what’s called a Eurowave treatment. What are you talking about Rodney, I know that’s what you are thinking so I will explain; the Eurowave is a machine that basically shoots electrodes through your body and stimulates your muscles similar to a work out (They say that an 18 min treatment is similar to 200 perfect sit-ups.) Again, I hear your question in advance and will of course respond, who does a perfect sit-up, not me thank you very much so the thought that I could sit there and have a conversation with Darcy (She is such a sweetie) and have this intense workout at the same time was very intriguing to me.

As you may or may not know, I have some body issues sometimes; and sometimes I don’t. I’m 6’4” and weigh in at about 200 pounds without clothing on, and there are days where I just am not impressed with what I see in that state; on the other hand there are other day’s when I feel as though it’s really irresponsible of me to be walking around when those around me are not wearing sunglasses as they may be overwhelmed by my masculine brilliance, am I the only one out there who goes back and forth like this?? Anyway back to my story, I saw the promotion that they have as a come and test the Eurowave and get the first treatment at $10 (It’s a $50 value.) it also say’s that you will loose 1-3 inches in that timeframe. Yes, 1-3 inches in 18 mins for only $10 you are in fact not dreaming!!! I went in this morning all ready to go and get slim, armed with my duffel bag containing a Pepsi, chips and chocolate (I thought they would have to work to get the inches off of me) and immerged 20 mins later having lost a stunning 1 and 1/6 inches off of my gut! Wowsers, is that worth the $10??

Yesterday I while out dropping off posters I was at the new Sustainable fitness headquarters located in the Fitness Experience building on king Edward and spent some time talking to Allan and Shaun the father son team that run Sustainable fitness boot camps. Shaun and Allan have there own ways of helping to melt the inches off although I think it’s much harder to carry on a conversation while doing things their way, but they have the added advantage of heart health in the process; and who says sweating isn’t sexy?

Well we are three days away from the start of our project “Just As I Am” and time slots are starting to fill up although only about a quarter of the people who have said they would be involved have actually taken the time to fill in time slots so I’m really hoping to see them fill up this weekend. This project has so much potential and I’m really looking forward to seeing what’s in store for us all although I’m surprised at how few men or couples have signed up. Thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging through this whole process, you all mean the world to us. Anyways, if you are thinking about being involved sign up today, and we will see you next week.

Until next time, have a great day,

Rodney

No comments: